The specific details of this winder are:
IN STOCK and available for immediate delivery
- Measures just 4.5" (W) x 4.75" (H) x 6.25" (D)
- Can be operated either by AC mains or two AA batteries.
- Barrington 'Jump' feature allows multiple winders to be connected together via connecting cable (supplied) and powered from one AC power source. See pictures.
- Ultra-quiet Japanese motor
- Multiple rotation settings: clockwise, counterclockwise or alternating
- Multiple Turns Per day (TPD) settings from 650, 750, 850, 1,000 or 1,950 to suit any weight of watch
- Choice of cushions: either Standard (suitable for watches with a strap/bracelet circumference of 7.5" to 9.5") or Flex (suitable for watches with a strap/bracelet circumference of 5.5" to 7.5") NB The standard cushion suits approx 70% of our customers and Flex is preferred if wrist size is slightly smaller
- LED light when operating
- Comes with US power adapter as standard (UK or European adapter also available but please notify us if you require one of these instead)
Your purchase on this website is covered by the Distance Selling Regulations and we will be happy to offer you a refund within 14 days if you are not entirely satisfied as long as you return the winder and all its packaging in the condition it was received. Please return the item to us at Barrington Watch Winders, 1430 Willamette St #400, Eugene, Oregon 97401-4049. If there is a fault with the item then we will pay the return postage but if not we must ask you to pay for return postage. In addition we guarantee the quality of all our winders for 12 months from the date of purchase with a "Back to base" warranty. This means in the rare instance that you may encounter a problem with your winder within that period, please email us at Sales@barringtonwatchwnders.com or call us on 1 (888) 358-4025 with details and we will make arrangements to resolve the situation or will accept the winder back to be repaired/replaced as appropriate.
This winder operates on a basis of gentle rotation to wind watches. Older generation Watch Winders were programmed to be always on (i.e. rotating without a pause) in an effort to wind the watch as quickly as possible. This can lead to over-winding of a watch and potential damage to the main spring. Gentle rotation ensures a consistent movement over a longer period of time that won't over-wind your watch.
When initially turned on the rotor turns for 1 minute before pausing. The length of the pause is determined by the Turns Per Day setting (a lower TPD setting will mean a longer pause and vice versa) and once it is completed the rotor turns again for just 1 minute. This cycle continues silently for 12 hours, then rests for 12 hours, before beginning again and so on until the winder is turned off.
If the Direction setting is set to clockwise then the rotor will always rotate in a Clockwise manner; the same principle applies if the Direction setting is set to Anti-Clockwise. However, if the Direction setting is set to the third setting, Alternately Clockwise/Anti-Clockwise, the first 1 minute rotation will be Clockwise, the next 1 minute rotation will be Anti-Clockwise and so on, ensuring your watch gets a balanced, yet gentle, rotation.