IN STOCK and available for immediate delivery
The 12 Watch Winder Safe, weighing 35kg, is made from steel and tempered glass but covered in discrete leather-effect cladding. It provides 12 individually programmable rotors for your watch collection.
This 12 watch winder safe is the flagship of the Barrington range and has the following features:
- Measures just 44cm (W) x 43cm (H) x 27cm (D)
- Made of steel and bullet-proof glass covered in black leatherette
- Weighs approx 35kg
- Has 12 individually programmable rotors
- Each rotor has 4 pre-programmed rotation settings (CW, CCW. Alt CW & CCW, Speed wind mode)
- Access to the unit by 4 digit PIN code and/or electronic access card
- Alarm for repeated incorrect codes
- Motion detector alarm (can be switched on/off)
- Ultra-quiet Japanese Mabuchi motors
- Internal motion sensing light
- Comes with spare external battery pack in case internal batteries fail
- Access also possible via key
- Comes with steel bolts to enable fixing to a wall (via holes in rear)
- AC Power only and comes with British 3 pin power adapter as standard (US or European adapter also available and shipped by default if the order is going to one of these areas i.e. if you live in North America we send you a US adapter or if you live in the EU we will send an EU adapter)
Your purchase on this website is covered by the Distance Selling Regulations and we will be happy to offer you a refund within 14 days if you are not entirely satisfied. In fact, even if it's outside this window (within reason) we'll take it back and refund you. The bottom line for us is that you're happy with your purchase. Please contact us for a return address should you need to.
You also have a 2 year "Back to base" warranty on your winder. Contact us if you have an issue as often we can diagnose and advise a fix remotely but if not we have a super technician (John) who can fix almost anything. If John can't fix it, we'll replace it.
This winder operates on a basis of gentle rotation to wind watches. Older generation Watch Winders were programmed to be always on (i.e. rotating without a pause) in an effort to wind the watch as quickly as possible. This can lead to over-winding of a watch and potential damage to the main spring. Gentle rotation ensures a consistent movement over a longer period of time that won't over-wind your watch.
When initially turned on the rotor turns for 1 minute before pausing. The length of the pause is determined by the Turns Per Day setting (a lower TPD setting will mean a longer pause and vice versa) and once it is completed the rotor turns again for just 1 minute. This cycle continues silently for 12 hours, then rests for 12 hours, before beginning again and so on until the winder is turned off.
If the Direction setting is set to clockwise then the rotor will always rotate in a Clockwise manner; the same principle applies if the Direction setting is set to Anti-Clockwise. However, if the Direction setting is set to the third setting, Alternately Clockwise/Anti-Clockwise, the first 1 minute rotation will be Clockwise, the next 1 minute rotation will be Anti-Clockwise and so on, ensuring your watch gets a balanced, yet gentle, rotation.